Monday, February 13, 2012

5 months

Time just seems to keep passing by at the speed of light, and somehow my sweet baby girl is now 5 months old. It's so very bittersweet. This last month, Rose seemed to really come alive and she changed more in one month than it seemed like she has in the last 4. Here are some of the highlights that I never want to forget:
Here's my Rosebud the day before she turned 4 months old.




*We started rice cereal in solid form this month. Rose seemed to enjoy it...








But when we started oatmeal a couple of weeks later, Rose started to actually open her mouth for the spoon and take little bites!! It was so cute to see her eating just like a little person!
*Rose started reaching and grabbing for things this month, which allowed her to start enjoying her toys.




She LOVES to play in her exersaucer, except for when she gets frustrated that she can't get the toys far enough into her mouth. It's so funny to start seeing little bits of her personality emerge, and she definitely gets a little irritated when she get can't get something in her mouth just right!




*This month also saw Rose finding her little (and quite loud) voice! Oh how she loves to squeal and shriek!! She has decided it is most fun to display her beautiful voice in public places (wouldn't want to just waste it alone with mom at home) so lots of people can hear, thus bringing many of our shopping trips to an abrupt stop. It is seriously so cute...for about the first 10 minutes. Then it just gets really loud. And shrill. But still, I can't get enough.
*On a sad note, this month was our girls first brush with illness and boy was it so sad! Rose woke up on a Wednesday morning with a 101.5 fever at 4am. After a trip to the doctor, she was diagnosed with a urinary track infection.




I had no idea how awful it would feel to watch my daughter be in pain and discomfort and not be able to do much about it. It really broke my heart. And to add injury to insult, I discovered the very next day that Rose had not one, but TWO teeth coming in. Talk about a sad baby!!




*Rose eats about 30-36 oz of formula and 2 to 5 tablespoons of oatmeal per day. She still gets up 1 to 2 times per night to eat and at the last dr appointment she weighed 16 lbs 6 oz and was 25 inches.



Rosalie, you are the joy of our lives and we love you so very much! You are such a laid back, sweet baby, I swear your smiles could cure most anything. I love spending my days with you, words can't express how you fill my heart.

2 comments:

danielle said...

she is precious!!!!!

Rebecca Kean said...

I'm so glad you're blogging about Rosalie!!! This way I at least get to see her, even if I can't meet her till the holidays!!!! (Agh!)